One of the simplest and tastiest dressings for a pasta dish, or toast topper is a Basic Garlic Basil pesto. With so many kitchen uses, and tasty creations at your fingertips once you have made your pesto, it is worth getting done and storing some in the fridge for a daily use!
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup CBD Infused Olive Oil made using Hemp Flower
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ of a lemon
- Place pine nuts in a single layer in a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer immediately to a plate to stop the cooking process; allow to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Combine pine nuts, basil, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until blended.
- Squeeze the juice of ½ of a lemon into the mixture.
- Pour olive oil in slowly, with the processor running on low speed, until mixture is smooth. Add Parmesan cheese and process just until mixed.
- Add to your favorite pasta, ravioli, toast or even pizza! Enjoy.